Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Dog of the Week

Poor little Shana was dropped off outside of the facility from a pickup truck....they just dumped her and drove away...really sad for this sweet girl...not much is known about her, she appears young, is in good health and friendly. A true rescue.
I read that our new President elect is looking for a dog, I hope he goes for a rescued dog as it would be good to promote rescue adoption....I know his daughter is allergic so the only dog this rescue has is Beauty, the Chinese crested I posted about earlier...about 10 days ago, I went out to the rescue and visited Beauty...she is odd looking with no much fur..but had a very sweet and friendly manner about her...I'd be tempted to adopt her but with the cats, I don't think it would work out....she sure wouldn't be a problem for someone with allergies...someone had dumped her in construction area and the workers there brought her in...she is still available for the right person or family
She would be fun to walk and you'd probably get a lot of attention. These are rare dogs and cost quite a bit if you bought one from a breeder. If you would be interested either of these dogs, would like to a donation for their care or like to visit the dog rescue (there are many other dogs not pictured on the website), go to Sun City K-9 Dog Rescue
They also have dogs featured at the new Menifee Pet Co. on the weekends.

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, what sweet puppies! Isn't it sickening what some people will do to a dog? Just dumping it off somewhere!

    Blessings and thanks for such a sweet post,
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani - I agree with you - there are purebred dogs in rescues all over the country - we had a rhodesian ridgeback from a rescue several years ago. I do think Beauty would be a sweetheart - not for a country dog but I bet she'd be a devoted pal and not require a lot of grooming. Shana looks like a perfect family dog -playing ball and just being a good strong pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Shana- she has such a sweet face! I don't know how someone can just dump an animal off like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I llove the babies, if I ever get land big enough for lots of dogs I will get only pound puppies thats for sure.
    Thanks for coming by my blog and keeping me on my toes. I like being missed:)
    I love your blog too I read it everyday even when you dont post. I love the puppy post the most. May God be with you and yours always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oi Dani,
    passo pra te deixar um abraço e te desejar bom fim de semana,
    Felicidades,

    Sol

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?