Saturday, November 15, 2008

I put some new Etsy mini's on the left hand side...these are things I sell in my stores...embroidery and cross stitch patterns, crafting books, etc. in my daniv1951 store and the other store, Inspiration Memories...I have unique journal jars, journals, and my stitchery...I am thinking of doing some crochet too as years ago, when we were young and foolish, I made crocheted animals that I sold at a gift shop...Alan made rocking horses too. But anyway, if you are so inclined, please take a look at my stores....and also my other blog...my News letter as it has lots of good stuff in it and no one ever looks or if they do, they never comment...
************************************************************************************
So far no locksmith calls today but we had a good good week....its still very early here, not even 8:30 a.m. The two houses I went with Alan this week on were very messy...the first one wasn't too bad..just alot of junk and trash around but the home was ok..not dirty or destroyed,..the second one was another story...and believe it or not, its in a nice neighborhood with lovely well-kept homes...

I have other photos but didn't want to disgust you too much...the stove was covered with grease and the cabinets had a thick layer of grease and yellow stuff from smoking...as you can see, they left lots of stuff behind. The fridge was the worst...Al made the mistake of opening it...phew! Full of spoilt food. We were glad we didn't have to clean it up...someone was coming in later to give an estimate....
and like I said yesterday, there is work to be had in this economy, cleaning these houses and money to be made...all you really need is a good sized truck to haul the trash away, cleaning supplies, a strong back + a business license...a strong stomach too in some cases...this would be good for "Dirty Jobs", huh?

7 comments:

  1. Oh Dani - DH and I used to manage rentals and let me tell you -- nasty is hardly a sufficient word for more of the clean ups we had t do. Would occasionally hire a team of guys because I wasn't tough enough to do the cleaning. So yes - there is money to be made in cleaning up and fixing foreclosures. just makes you say - ewwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know....we should always take plastic gloves with us..as sometimes you feel so dirty when you leave...after this last one, we both took showers when we got home..and we didn't go any cleaning!..just re keyed the locks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you just never know what goes on behind the walls of the houses you see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so hard for me to understand! I've been in people homes before and think- jeez! How can you live in this?
    I would have took a shower, too, Dani- I don't think hand sanitizer would have done it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani~
    Why do people leave their stuff behind? I've seen that on those home shows, and never could understand it.
    Is there ever anything "good" left behind? LOL!
    ~Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, there is lots of good stuff...some times we ask if we can have things..we always make sure its ok with the agents...at this house pictured, I picked up a crystal vase and those green bowls that are sitting on the kitchen counter as they match a set we have.
    Its all considered abandoned property.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those platters! Just amazing, what has been abandoned! Sad that the houses are so "modernized" too--Arts and Crafts style homes should be preserved to the original whenever possible, but you so rarely see that done!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?