Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday

Here is a photo of the cherry pie I made this weekend..alas, it no longer exists except in memory as it was sooooo good....I can't take too much credit for it as I just use the great sugar free cherry pie filling that Super Walmart carries and the crust recipe is one I got from Pioneer Woman..for years I struggled with pie crust and gave up many times..every recipe I got just didn't cut it..now my mom could whip out a crust in nothing flat...never used a recipe and her's always came out great...but not me... The Pioneer Woman pie crust recipe never fails so that is my standard now and there are alot more pies in the household. My men appreciate and I glow a little.
*************************************************************************************
Our cupboard is rather empty this morning so I am planning on going to our local Winco for groceries.....they have some great sales this week, 18 cents a lb for bananas, ,.98 cents for corn flakes, with coupons...,28 cents a can for Green Giant vegetables...they even have boneless skinless chicken breasts for 2.98 for 2 1/2 lbs. They come frozen in bags and you can get two so that 's where I am headed. If you are reading this and live in Southern California near a Winco, run, don't walk....
Our gas prices have really come down too which is so nice....I paid $2.57 a gallon last week and its supposed to get cheaper than that this week.
**************************************************************************************
Have you been following the family that has elected to live off the grid? here is the link again
Ecletic Culture Farm. Quite an adventure..she says the Amish in the area have bets how long they will last. We all may end up living off the grid if Obama has his way with energy...says he wants to increase the cost so we will have have to watch our electricity use..like most of us don't already. With winter coming, many families suffer as it is, sigh. With so many wanting change, change isn't always a good thing.
well, better get on the road...so until next time...

4 comments:

  1. The cherry pie looks scrumptious, and pie crusts aren't my thing, either. I'm tempted to go take a peek at PW's instructions for one, as I do have a bag of Granny Smith apples in the fridge...

    Man, I wish we lived near a Winco!

    I hear you, about Obama. Change just for the sake of change doesn't mean squat if it's going to make things worse for us than they already are. I pray his followers have the scales removed from their eyes before tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-We filled up our pick-up for $1.87 today. It's been that price for a couple of days now. Hubby also filled up our van last night. Who knows what the prices will be after tomorrow's election?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani: That pie looks great!

    You're not kidding about "change". Lots of charismatic dictators have promised people "change" as well. They sure got it and it took the world going to war to try to turn back the tides of such evil changes.

    I'm not saying that anyone running now is "evil", but I am amazed at how many folks are swayed by promises of change. I am reminded that many poisons are "all natural".

    I can't imagine energy bills going up. We are already learning to stay warm with no oil and nothing but two electric heaters which are unsafe to keep running all night long. I don't know how much more we can "conserve".

    I'm just glad to have faithful friends along the journey.

    Hugs... *Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani, You pie looks awesome, I sure wish I had piece this AM with my coffee. I made A Halloween cake for my DH and should have posted a photo, Did not think about it. I cut a quarter of it for my daughter's Halloween Treat and it is gone also now. It was sure good and fresh! I put candy sprinkles on the top and inside.

    Maybe I should look into he lock-smith business. I wonder howmany we have around us here in Alabama?

    Thanks for sharing all your neat thoughts. I have been thinking of the family also living witho electricity, especially in the evenings when it is dark here. I wish them well an dit started me thinking about buying more local to help the farmers out more than I do.
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?