Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Chat

I got up late today...slept in...guess I needed the extra sleep...still hoarse but energy level is rising....when I checked my email, I had gotten a new copy of the HillBilly Housewife newsletter and it had alot of good stuff in it (as it always does)....if you haven't read it ...its a super site with loads of good ideas for frugal living. This months of course was about Thanksgiving, frugal decorating and black bean ideas......Alan loves black beans and I am acquiring the taste for them....and they also feature a Thanksgiving smoothie using cranberry sauce....
*************************************************************************************
We woke up to gray skies and the threat of rain....hope we get a lot this winter as California sure needs it......Don (our oldest son) had to go back to work.....but he does get Thanksgiving off for a change. He just bought himself a used motorcycle to go back and forth to work on....I wasn't too excited about it but he is thrilled....he did it get registered, got insurance and wears a helmet, so there isn't much I can object to...he has a permit and will get his license next year near his birthday in May. It is cheap to run and only takes 5 dollars worth of gas to fill the tank.
As he just has a permit, he can't ride at night, or on the freeway so that is a good thing. He's always been the kind of person who loves excitement and thrills.....always goes on the scariest rides at the theme parks...he is a good driver.
As a mother, I am not thrilled but have to trust the Lord on this....he is over 20, not a little boy anymore. sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dani- glad to hear you are feeling better!!
    I don't like motorcycles either, but my Dad has a Goldwing, so I have to try not to worry...
    (he is 73, after all...*sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani,
    With motorcycles you just have to frive very defensely, always watch for the other drivers more than normal. My husband misses his motorcycle alot but with his hip problems he was having problems anyway. I wish your son much fun riding it especially with your California weather. Is he still at the animal shelter working?
    and Make sure he always has that helmet and reflective gear in.

    I hope you are feeling better, Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?