Friday, November 14, 2008

Azusa, Ca



We got a call for a foreclosed property in Azusa, Ca...as I had never been there before, decided to go with Alan...its about a hours drive from our house....above are just a few photos of the freeway, nothing real exciting...
Azusa has alot of lovely old 1920s cottages...the house we re keyed was a new one but I found a few photos of the cottages as it was obvious they were loved and appreciated..we went by too fast for me to take them myself..I found these online...




The one above is my favorite. These are few and are far between in Southern California....so many of the older homes have been torn down in years past...not very many left. Azusa is nestled up against the mountains and is one of our older cities.....its home to Azusa Pacific College, a private Christian college and the city was founded back in the 1880s.



This is a nice postcard...they are all so pretty..hard to know which to post each day....
Business has been good most of the week and we got quite a few checks yesterday in the mail...with more expected today....the news is that our county will have quite a lot of foreclosures in the next year...very sad but at the same time, others are keeping busy..."Necessity is the mother of invention"..I heard about one guy who lost his job and went into "spray on lawns"....these foreclosure lawns die and he comes in, sprays them green so they look ok (from a distance)....quite inventive, I thought and he's making good money at it!The banks love him. Its like that old saying
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

2 comments:

  1. A spray-on lawn.... goodness! What will they think of next?

    I'm glad that he's found something to fill in with.

    The houses sure are cute!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arts and Crafts era bungalows are wonderful! One my favorite architectural treasures! I enjoyed seeing the photos of these! Are you considering buy one?
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?