Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday

We were called to re key a house in San Jacinto, ca and on the way back, happened across a ranch...we were surprised to see the group on long horn cattle enjoying themselves in the morning sun.....not something we see every day.....beautiful animals, aren't they?




There were two babies but they were hiding behind their mother and we weren't able to get a photo of them....she's the one laying down.....Alan thought the one with the ring in his nose was a steer.........San Jacinto has several large dairy farms and ranches...when the wind blows..you can tell for miles off.....but today it was very nice.....evidently the wind was blowing away from us...

We also drove by fields of potatoes growing..they looked just like the ones we have in our garden.. I never knew that California grew potatoes...did you?

5 comments:

  1. I love when your out driving and you come across something so unexpected. Love the pics of the livestock too. lol

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great shots of the longhorn steer.

    I own 2 longhorn steer made of resin and I just love them!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful animals! I love cows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani,

    We looked for these longhorn on our Texas trip. I saw some but we had passed them and DH would not turn around. Many thanks for sharing your visits when you travel with your family on your re-keying adventures never knowing what will light up your day.

    I love your changing photos of the lambs on top and the animals you share weekly.
    You always have interesting news for us.
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos Dani...maybe I can get some interesting ones on our 900 mile trip in 2 weeks. I did plant some tomatoes at Billys Aunts house when we went down in March....she said they are doing great....I sure am happy they have 2 growing seasons there so I can have a fall garden.
    I always had a big garden when all the kids were still home and looks like it might be a good idea to do it again.
    I will let you know about my experience with my garden as soon as I can get it planted.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?