Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Evening


The hollyhocks are starting to bloom...looks like they are mainly white this year....last year mainly red....the tallest are over 6 ft. I sent seeds from last year to one of my groups members...they like to garden....we had to put some Sevin dust on the leaves as they were getting eaten up by some critter...they'll be even prettier in a few days when they are in full bloom....
Our weather has been really nice, in the 80s...the garden is growing right along...we have some corn waist high now..soon the zucchini will be coming as well as more of the crookneck summer squash..we have green tomatoes too so can hardly wait to taste some good homegrown tomatoes soon.....the best!
I hope you enjoyed the video I posted yesterday.....I thought it was remarkable.....here is another one that is just as good if not better......although I think their costumes are a little "funky" there is no denying their talent.

no instrument but the voice...I found this on Tangle, the Christian video site...although the songs are not "spiritual", there is alot of joy and fun..."a merry heart is as good as medicine"

2 comments:

  1. You have some TALL hollyhocks there! This year I just have the first-year "rosettes" and won't get the tall spires until next summer...if we get some rain!!! But yours are just gorgeous. So old-fashioned and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani,

    I adore seeing your personal home and flowers! I don't have these flowers so maybe later. My seeds from One World, One Heart are starting to come up and the moonflowers I ordered on ebay have the chewed on leaves I think, so I got some Sevin Dust yesterday. I am so leary of using any chemical on anything around here that the animals can get to. We really need to spray around the house perimeter, but again this year we have little green frogs all over the yard. Even on the front door! grins ~ I just wanted to say HI and I love your bunny with the funny teeth! Adorable! I am determined to learn to crochet and the bags idea is fabulous, I wonder if that would be ok for my project I have in mind! I am sure it would. I want to make a large bowl for a kitty to curl up in. I was thinking maybe rag strips from all my clothing I hate to discard.
    HAve a fabulous day! And Good luck on ALL your sales! I have GOT to get to listing again. oh, the black clouds are coming in the sky outside, it is hot and humid here today in Alabama.It is 84.6 outside.
    Later, Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?