Tuesday, March 31, 2009


I took a little break from blogging....my youngest took a aptitude test yesterday, its one the military gives (not that they will be notified), its a 3 hour test so he came back a little mentally tired....its hard to think that hard! LOL....
I was also able to order his cap and gown....all of $50...I was kinda proud of myself as I paid for it with my store earnings....

My dream came true and we've been busy, busy, busy.....plus we got alot of past due checks...enough to stock up on groceries which is always nice...I figure if we get our bills paid, and food in the pantry, I am a happy woman. He had two jobs yesterday and one so far today. This journey we've been on has been rocky at times..The Lord has used it to develop faith and strength ...you know, you think you are faithful but it takes adversity to test that faith. Kinda like the difference between a hot house flower and a garden one....the hot house flower will die if put out into the garden as soon as the wind, heat, and rains come but a garden flower will survive quite nicely...and something I've noticed, the hot house flowers are not fragrant....all looks but no substance.
I don't know if the hardest part of the journey is over or not but I do know that the Gardener is in charge so no worries......

I'll close this post with one of my favorite John Wesley quotes..

"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the places you can,
In all ways you can,
All the times you can,
to all the people you can
As long as you can".

3 comments:

  1. So very good to hear finances are easing up a bit. We also go through the valleys often (self employed often means self NOT employed) but God has provided enough - not always the extra we'd like but enough. You are absolutely right - without challenges to our faith what kind of faith would we have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely quote. Words to live by.

    I like the look of a nice full pantry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear good news, Dani! I feel the same way you do... if the bills are all paid and I have groceries in the pantry, I feel blessed and happy!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?