Saturday, March 28, 2009

A New Sofa!

We are really grateful and surprised as one of our neighbors gave us this brand new sofa! They had it in their garage and never used it...perfect in every way and very clean...we couldn't believe that it was the exact color of green we both love. God is so good....our old sofa was very comfortable but very worn and dirty....
The new sofa has some extra features, both ends are like a recliner and the middle flips down with places to put drinks, it also has a bottom drawer. I put some throws in there which we soon not be needing as its getting warmer.
The plates you see above the sofa, we bought back in Iowa in the 80s...they are commemorative plates depicting buildings from Alan's home town....there were a total of 14 plates, but we missed out one year so only have 12. We've tried at different times to find the missing two.



Its been so nice, yesterday I opened up the French doors to let the sunshine and fresh air in. I just love these doors...the cats love them too and will sit for hours watching the birds.

Our next door neighbors daughter is turning 15 today. They are planning a blowout party for her as its her Quinceanera or coming out party....they've been busy all week, cleaning the backyard, and today tables are being set up....they have a huge family so it will be a neighborhood event. We loaned them our outdoor fireplace and have been invited.

6 comments:

  1. Wow and the Lord provides in the desired color too! Really nice sofa and that is a big expensive item in today's budgets. The picture of your french doors open is wonderful - springtime is such a wonderful season. Hope I have great results with the chickens and you'll be inspired - they are really not expensive and one of those chicken tractors would be perfect for 2 or 3 in your yard - fertilizer, bug eating, egg making chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your couch is really great Dani and I think I would like one like that too...Is that runner on your coffee table what I think it is? :)
    I would love to have french doors to but I will not complain since I will at least be where it is more reasonable to live and better weather.
    I love reading your blog and hate it when the post ends...I could just keep reading and reading.
    My poor little Annie had a seizure tonight and I always feel so bad when that happens and noting much we can do for her but hold her and pet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to tell you that the little quilt top is just about fiished, inspite of the fabric problems. I used more starch and it finally began to behave. I've auditioned several fabrics for borders and have picked three. I'll post a picture later this week.
    Thanks for your suggestion on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is Menifee? I'll be in Fresno for a week starting Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful couch, Dani! What a wonderful blessing!
    And I LOVE your kitchen and French doors! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow really nice collection of Sofa Recliner for your living room seating.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?