Sunday, March 22, 2009

I joined Stumble a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying finding alot of new blogs that inspire. I thought today, I would share a couple of them with you......
the first one is "Promises of God: Scriptures of Reassurance "these scriptures give strength, assurance and comfort..something that we all need in these troubled times...God will make a way.
The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7
Second, are some great ideas for recycling vintage and old items, its called RoBoJunk.com


These are just two of the interesting and creative ideas to "make something from nothing"...my grandmother would be thrilled. The first photo is obvious, a canning jar and fork but do you know what the second one is made from? Yes, of course, a old wheel, doily and cameo. If you didn't have a cameo, I think a vintage photo would be even cooler.

The third is one I saw years ago on the old Carol Duvall show.....Surprise Balls.....this is such a unusual idea come new again..

This idea is from the website, "Go Make Something" I can imagine making these for Easter and enclosing all sorts of little sweet goodies depending on who you were making them for...apart rather inexpensive but together making something nice.
Stumble is rather cool, I've enjoyed stumbling around the internet and finding new things...you can record what type of blog or site you are interested in, I look at Christian, craft, history and genealogy sites mainly..
+++++++++++++++++++++++*********************************++++++++++++++++++
We found out over the weekend why our business has dried up....the banks have a moratorium on doing foreclosures....so the real estate agents, locksmiths, handymen and clean up crews are struggling. Alan got a call that one of the houses he recently rekeyed, the agent lost the house so could he come up and get his lockbox off the house? so we drove up to Riverside, and found the house...it was a charming older home with a huge tangerine tree in the front yard..but our lockbox was gone...in its place was another. Evidently the new agent who got the property had someone come in and rekey it....he took our box. Alan tried to call the agent but just got his voice mail...he also paged him but we got no answer as yet. The bad thing was, the house was badly re keyed, they typically ripped the high quality locks off the house and replaced them with cheap ones, and installed them upside down!
I don't know what could be done about this, they should be required to use licensed locksmiths for this type of work. It was just so obvious this person didn't know what he or she was doing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesterday I made a cute wall hanging thingy.....remember the quilt we found in the foreclosed house in Pomona?

I posted how I made this on my other crafting blog.. Daniv's NewsLetter

3 comments:

  1. You have really been "crafty" lately, Dani!! LOL
    I love all the things you make... but the quilt thingy is gorgeous!!

    I'm so sorry to hear about the locksmithing deal... please don't get discouraged! (And tell Alan not to either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani..You need to post the quilt thing and some of your other ideas you have in our group..I am sure everyone would love to see some of them. They are really neat. I wish I could start getting more crafts finished but am to busy packing for the big move and then when we get moved it will all be about decorating and putting fence up for the girls and maybe planting some flowers if I am still able to find some down there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wall hanging, Dani! What a nice way to repurpose an old quilt.


    Smiles, Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?