Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week.....Meet Winter

Winter was found as a stray in Romoland, a small area outside of Menifee.......he is very friendly and calm.....likes to play and the vet thinks he is about 3 years old..he's not a big dog, just the right size for most families....have you noticed most of the dogs have a certain look in their eyes? or is it my imagination? You can find out about Winter and many other of the deserving dogs at the Sun K-9 Dog Rescue here...

no decision yet on the Paypal thing...still pending....I set up a new account so as soon as this is settled will cancel, can't do it while it is pending.......I think this economy has a lot of people doing things they might not ordinarily do.......guess it goes to core values.......and the lack of them in our society.
I went to the post office to mail our state tax (thank the Lord, we didn't owe them anything) and added certified mail...I told the clerk we wanted to be protected...and he replied...."Very wise, sad, isn't it, we have to protect ourselves from our own government?" Truer words were never spoken.

On a lighter note, this morning, I made some wonderful orange raisin scones...I got the recipe online from My Country Kitchen She has a good sounding recipe for cabbage rolls too......The scone recipe calls for cranberries but I didn't have any so used raisins and chopped walnuts...I also used fresh orange juice instead of frozen and Splenda instead of sugar.....I made the same scones over the weekend...they were such a hit, had to make them again of course.....
I just took them out of the oven....when they cool, I think I'll add a little glaze...they smell really good......We use Splenda for all baked goods for Alan's diabetes...but I know these would be even better with sugar......

I also joined Stumble and "stumbled" across a good Bible site...this is the Online Parallel Bible
if you don't know what a parallel Bible is, ...the scripture is displayed in usually 4 or more translations at the same time and you can get more out of the passage that way...I have a parallel New Testament that I've used for years. Its fairly marked up and worn but I love it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yummy is what I'm thinking - and your sweet little dog pictures are killing me. Our newest family member is still recovering from her spaying yesterday - I think she is beginning to realize - this is home now. She very much misses someone - she knows neither of us is that person. She was left tied to the front gates of our local dog pound -so we probably aren't even calling her by the right name! So sorry about the loss in the paypal account - yes we must protect ourselves against the government, as Pogo the cartoon character once said "we have met the enemy and he is us" We the people have messed up - IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Winter, I hope he gets a good home, he sure is a cute dog. I do agree, their eyes look so beseeching, they are begging to be a part of someone's family, dogs WANT to be owned...

    Those scones sure look tasty. I think raisins are even better than cranberries, which are a bit tart for me...ol' sugar hound here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask the other day if the scones you made were supposed to be cranberry orange. I have been looking for a recipe for that type. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, Every dog you show here I want to take home with me and love them. When I get paid Im going to send money their way for sure! I love the scones but I dont have a oven at the moment so I cant bake any thats a real shame because they would go great with my tea! Oh happy day...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?