Thursday, March 12, 2009

Daisy the Duck

Donny was given this cute duck through the K-9 vet.....she was wounded by a big dog and is unable to fly...she is so friendly, we visited her yesterday and just about have decided to fix a place here at home for her....we need to get some kind of a caged in area for a home and some kind of water container for her to swim in....probably will work on it this weekend. Don says she follows him all around the dog rescue but it does make some of the dogs go positively crazy....and the gravel road isn't too good on her feet. She lays about one egg a day when she is happy.....I don't know a whole lot about duck care...do you?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't raised a duck - one of the few things I haven't tried as a pet! Here is what I found when I googled but I think it is focused on getting a duckling not a grown confused duck! have fun
    http://www.howtodothings.com/pets-and-animals/a3728-how-to-raise-a-duck-as-a-pet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would be so wonderful of you to let that poor duck rest and recuperate away from the dogs! She looks like a sweet ol' girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a duck since I was a kid. But, that one sure is cute! Ad she sounds so loving!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?