Thursday, August 14, 2008


This beautiful lamp was styled, designed and made by my new friend, Julie....isn't this lovely? She has just put posted this and I wanted to share.
Here is the link so you can drool a little more, Julies Prim Antiques
I so admire artists that can do this kind of wonderful work, this is a one of a kind piece that could a real heirloom. In my other blog, I have touched on Victorian decorating and last week had a video on just that subject....the crocheted doily isn't too shabby either, is it? She also has a Duncan Phyfe sofa for sale too.
*************************************************************************************
Our weather is cooling down a bit and is a little humid too...they are saying rain in the mountains...we could use some of the wet stuff here.

The fig tree has so much ripening fruit, we've been giving figs away to the neighbors and eating as many as we can. Does anyone have any fresh fig recipes? I made some pie crust and tried a fig turnover type thing with it, but the dough was too crumbly for easy eating...Alan is in the van so much during the day, I wanted to make something he could just unwrap and eat....any suggestions? I made a good fig filling, using chopped fresh figs, nuts, and splenda, cooking it down which is tasty...just need to figure out what kind of dough would work well...I'd like to make him something like a welsh pasty too, we bought those when we visited England...they were so good.
*************************************************************************************
I've been working on baby hanger covers and have 3 made...have to wash them and then I will post a photo on the other blog as its my embroidery one....if you'd like to see full size one that I've already finished, its here

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to remember to find my cream cheese pastry dough recipe - it is more pliable and might make your figgy pies easier to tuck in a pocket and go off to work! Wish we were close by - I love fresh figs. We are getting promised some rain also - yeah! very dry here and our heat wave seems to be breaking - no triple digits for a week or so (if we trust weather forecasters!)
    Beautiful lamp - not my style (I'm more the functional, pet proof, easy to dust kinda gal!) but as art - it definitely is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the lamp is not my style either but sure is pretty...I go for more the 1950s, clean lines...if you could get that recipes to me, I'd appreciate it...cream cheese pastry sounds good...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?