Monday, August 18, 2008

Boots

Boots has been going steadily downhill last week and over the weekend...lost a lot of weight...we don't think its fair for him to suffer anymore from this illness ..Alan and Donny took him to the vet this morning so they will probably put him out of his suffering...I was going to go but got too emotional.
Over the weekend, we let him go outside on the patio and he
laid out on the grass, so thin and wobbly, he enjoyed the feel of the grass, the wind, the warm sun and he watched the birds.
Goodbye, sweet Bootsey...

6 comments:

  1. Oh Dani I'm so sorry - glad Boots got some time in the sunshine - our pets are such a huge part of our lives and I'm sure Boots had a wonderful happy life with your family. It is SO hard to say goodbye to a 4 legged companion. Truly sorry Dani -thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo sorry, Dani! I've walked this road so many times, and it never gets any easier. Rest in the fact that he had such a beautiful life with you. YOu're in my heart today, believe me!
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani I feel for you, being a pet owner and lover myself. My thoughts are with you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, I am so sorry. I too have lost pets and its so hard, we get so attached to them. We love them so much like one of the family.
    I truly hope the lord gives you comfort knowing Boots is with him in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you miss Boots Dani...but he is in a better place and is not suffering any more. You did the best you could and you gave him a VEY Happy life. The loss will get easier as time passes but you never forget a pet you loose and Loved. We still think and talk about all our Pets that have gone to Heaven..we will never forget them. My Heart goes out to you.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Dani.... I know how much you loved him... he was certainly a handsome fellow.
    ((BIG HUG))

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?