Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Random Thoughts


My son took Boots into the vet this morning...he had been drinking water like crazy and seemed like he had lost weight....the vet checked him out and said he was ok....but had lost about .8 of a lb.....but looked good, bright eyes and smooth coat....
I've been asked if I think beloved pets go to heaven, there really isn't anything in the scripture one way or another on that subject...but as I know heaven is a wonderful place of joy, I really don't see why not....our pets bring us such joy and companionship in this world, I think they will again in the next....in fact, I believe we will enjoy the companionship of many other animals also....."the lion will lie down with the lamb," but this will be on the new earth that the scriptures talk about where God will live among us as He intended at creation...
I once was talking with a fellow that came to the door giving out pamphlets, you know what I mean...he was talking about the new heaven and the new earth....and I asked, " will Jesus be on the new earth, will God be there?" he said, no...and I replied, I want to be where Jesus is, at his feet, anywhere else wouldn't be right" he couldn't answer me.



Its been very hot the last few days...Alan has been working quite a bit..he is gone today to do some handyman work at a rental property....Matt did his lawn mowing early this morning before the heat set in, and Donny has the weekend off....after he took Boots to the vet, he's going to enjoy himself this weekend and rest up...he works very hard at the dog rescue...its on about 3 acres of land and there is always heavy work, besides taking care of the dogs needs, he repairs fencing, takes care of the garden areas, does the website, answers the phone, goes out on dog rescue calls, and sometimes takes dogs to various retail locations on Saturdays. But not this Saturday.... the owner, Elizabeth has been ill with stomach problems and unable to help much as she is getting on in years...she is almost 89...
I don't think I've posted a photo of Donny, Matt's gotten in several times...
He's standing by Ford truck he bought and paid for....its old but dependable..
hope everyone is having a great weekend...

4 comments:

  1. I, too, have been asked this question. I guess because people know how much I love animals. It's my belief that animals will be in heaven. How will Jesus come back on a white horse if there's no animals there?

    Revelation 19:11

    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

    Proof enough for me ;)

    Love ya,
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought and scripture! I think there will other animals we've never seen, heavenly creatures too..God is so so awesome, isn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh and I have often thought about opening our future farm with an animal rescue area. I rehabilitated several abused horses before I got married and found the experience very rewarding. Of course, right now we simply don't have the room with our little three acre lot in south Georgia. With Josh's next assignment, we will probably PCS to Kentucky where we plan on purchasing a large piece of property to begin farming on. I can't wait.

    Blessings!
    Lacy
    RazorFamilyFarms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vic is right - there will at the very least be horses - God made all these creatures and if He is willing to go to such extremes to have us with Him for eternity - I like to believe He wants the creatures great and small.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?