Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday Pet of the Week



This is Polly...she and her two litter mates were dumped on the side of the road, and found by some kind people. It is unknown what mix she is, or how old but she looks to be about 7-9 weeks....She is such a sweet puppy who needs a family to love her. Her litter mates are Annie and Katie. No dog or puppy deserves to be dumped on such a way, these puppies were fortunate to be found and rescued.


This is Annie

Sun City K-9 Dog Rescue is the only non kill rescue in the Menifee Valley.If you are interested in Polly, Annie or Katie, please give the nice people at the rescue at call at 951-679-6444.
They do wonderful work and have found homes for over 500 puppies and dogs in the last year. My son has been working at the rescue for almost 3 years and finds it very rewarding.






This is Katie..
They accept any donations, pet supplies, old blankets (nights can get cold), food, etc. Volunteers are always welcomed.
Good News! My son informs me that they will soon be accepting Paypal donations!

4 comments:

  1. I just don't understand the heartlessness of people who would dump an innocent little animal, completely defenseless, as if it were nothing more than garbage. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renna - in this world - people treat children the same way - amazing isn't it? Thank goodness for good people who rescue animals and children - we live in the country so dumped animals are not a rarity but still so shocking. Thank you Dani for featuring these adorable dogs - someone will have a wonderful lifetime companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing I don't live near you Dani...I would have a house full of Dog's. I often wonder if my Annie would have went to a different home and not ours if she would still be alive and if other owners would have found out from the Vet about her epilepsey...and if they did would they invest in her health. Sometimes I feel like I rescued her and paid a lot to do it.
    I am afraid if I ever saw someone dumping a puppy I would just loose it and end up in trouble with the law.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiga Dani, que bom que tens bom coração e que tenha amparado esses filhotes!
    Você é muito amorosa, Deus te abençoe.
    Um abração brasileiro pra você. Bom fim de semana.

    Sol

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?