Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday


Its turned really warm here and we've had to put the AC on most days.....over 100 but that is not very unusual for June....its very dry though so isn't too bad. I went out early and checked everything outside......this is a new variety of petunia called
"Lemonade" and is doing well...sat the pot under the fig tree so it gets shade from the hottest part of the day.

The hollyhock seed pods are started to dry out and we harvested a few seeds...with the heat, we should get more in the next few days...

Saturday, I decided to go with Alan to help him do some locksmithing...I hadn't been out all week and needed a change. The first house was a repo and the renters were moving out when we arrived. Thankfully, they had bought their own home and were happy that everything had worked out well for them....there was a nice lemon tree in the back yard and they said to take all we wanted of the lemons...

I made a lemon pie yesterday and will probably use the rest for lemonade....
The second house was a repo too but was quite a long ride...it was in Yorba Linda which is about 45 miles from here....very nice home in a quiet neighborhood, I liked it very much...and there was a green park just at the end of the block...there was only the front door to do so it didn't take long....afterwards we went to Mickey D's for lunch so it was a nice day....I was very tired when we got home...the locksmith van bounces quite a bit, between that and the heat..I was beat.....

As its been so hot, most afternoons we are inside (if Under dog isn't working) and watch old movies...I have the second pillowcase about 2/3 done. I work on that while we watch the movies....very relaxing...

Thank you for all the kind words about my Fathers Day post....my dad was a great guy and I only wish he could have been with us longer...he passed away at 59....
John 11:24,26"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" Yes, I do and know we will be together again.
He passed away in the 70s and I know he would sure be amazed about all the changes in the last 30 years....home computers, cell phones, digital TV, CDs. DVDs, Blue Ray,solar cars, etc. he would have really liked all of it, I am sure..he was constantly learning. He was studying Spanish and real estate law at the local college before he got sick. I also think he would have been alarmed and saddened by how our country is falling away from Christian principals and morality... I could say alot more but think I will leave it at that... many here are uneducated about our history and don't understand what a republic is...I am thankful there are blogs like
The Spiritual Heritage of Our Founding Fathers".

3 comments:

  1. Love the yellow petunias! I didn't realize how much I like yellow (never wear the color) until we picked colors for our house and the "cream" paint is really a pale yellow. Your lemons and lemonade sound like just the ticket for a hot summer afternoon. Always fun to check in on your busy days.P.S. we too pray for the nation and know how things will eventually end. Common sense and self discipline are such uncommon traits. 'nuff said

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Dani- you always share such deep thoughts that make me ponder all day long! I so agree with you... the people that I loved that have been gone for a while would sure be surprised at the things that have happened in just the last few years, let alone the last 25-30 years. It is really sad at times...
    I love the petunias- what beautiful colors!
    It sounds like a wonderful day you had- even right down to Mickey D's! Hubby and I ate there Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some of those yellow petunias too and I just love them! It was 106 today and I hope they survive!
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?