Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pet of the Week



Meet Sadie, a golden lab...she is an older dog, playful and loves kids...she especially likes to ride in cars and is used to cats...Labs make great companion dogs..she has so much love to give, you will find her at the Sun City K-9 Dog Rescue...hard to resist those big brown eyes!

I finally was able to finish a Christmas bell ringer that I had started several years ago...I've decided to go through all my uncompleted embroidery work...quite a bit of it, frankly speaking.....this was a vintage 1970 kit I won on Ebay.

sorry the photo is a little dark....and the wall/door smudges..teens like to use everything but the knob to open and close the door...
next, I have pillowcases that are half done...so today, I plan on going over them....one is a little sloppy, I didn't realize my glasses were not up to par, and I was not seeing as well so I will probably take out most of the embroidery and start out fresh.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

We woke up to gray skies and cooler temperatures. They forecast high winds in the deserts today..Alan has a job this morning so it will be a quiet house..
I am glad so many liked the iceberg photos from yesterday....I thought they were amazing.

5 comments:

  1. Love the embroidery work, Dani! Just beautiful!!!!! I have a few of those projects that I started years ago, too, that need to be dug out of the pile and finished.

    If I had the money to fly this sweet face to me, I'd take her in a heartbeat. Buster could use a friend, believe me!!!! Her face just brought tears to my eyes!!!! I love her so much!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I want every dog I see. We had a lab golden mix, Bailey, who looked alot like Sadie, except Bailey was more caramel colored. She was the love of our lives. They are wonderful dogs, both goldens and labs, so it's a great combination in a dog.

    I need to work on my many unfinished projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet eyes he has...
    I love the bell ringer! That's very pretty. I can't wait to see what else you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani,
    your stitchery work is beautiful. What a project to accomplish! Love the verse that accompanied it.

    And let me tell you, my husband is in love with Sadie. I would love to have her too. I need another girl around this place.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, what beautiful work, Be PROUD! I never even new of ebay then....

    Sadie is awesome. Our friends recently got Abby from the Golden Retreiver Rescue in Atlanta. I pray she finds a good home soon. My DH Bob, keeps looking at the ads daily too. He is so sad about Megan, as we all are. But, Abby is the new pet friend for Maggie who lost her sister Ally, my grandog!
    Second chances come to mind....

    smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?