Monday, June 2, 2008

Sunday Drive - part 2



I took a few more photos of some of the plants we saw...these were growing on the side of the rock hillside..they had found crevices to root in...
here are some wildflowers that were growing on the side of the road, click on any of the photos for a closer look...

here is how curvy the road was at times..


After we drove across the Ortega highway, we went into Lake Forest which is a lovely green city...here is a pepper tree we saw...the city is covered with many large trees and greenery.
We had lunch...explored the city a little, then drove back home....it was a nice Sunday drive..we haven't done anything like that in some time so it was a real treat.
We probably won't do it again very soon...gas is over $4.00 a gallon now....

On another note, I plan on making more and different journal jars soon....I'm getting low on the ones I have...sold about 10 of them....I will post the new ones later in the week...my first one will be called School Days and have vintage one room schoolhouses, and vintage photos of classes...hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. More pretty pictures!

    I know what you mean about the gas. We don't have anything pretty to look at within a decent drive from our house. I tend to be somewhat of a homebody, but my poor, adventurous hubby is really feeling the pain of increased gas prices. For that matter, we'd both love to hook up our travel trailer and go somewhere, but the price at the pumps-Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what neat pics! looks like a fun time! thanks for visiting my blog, you're welcome anytime! and to answer your question, we live southeast of des moines, near pella :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?