Monday, June 9, 2008



I found this photo on the Menifee 24/7 site, just wanted to share what we face here...
is this scary or what? there are a few gas stations a little cheaper but it looks like we will be facing $5.00 a gallon soon the way things are going.

I don't see how our rebate checks will "stimulate" the economy....ours (still waiting for it) will go to pay bills and buy gas..have you got yours yet?
Its a hot day today...we opened up the house this morning and shut it this afternoon....still not bad inside yet and we hope we won't need to turn on the AC if we can help it.....we watered early this morning so the plants are ok.
I marinated some carne asada yesterday and its ready for the grill this evening....I also made a cherry pie yesterday..
Friday night I made Crash Hot Potatoes that Ree has on her website, Pioneer Woman Cooks....we like the flavor of dill, so that is the herb I used and even the boys really liked them.....I should have cooked them a little longer in the pot before I took them out as when I used the potato masher on them, two of them just broke apart entirely but still tasted yummy...this recipe is a keeper..

.
I haven't found anything but good recipes on her site....the latest posting is for green beans which are one of my favorites.
Here is the photo of the barristers bookcase Alan's John Deere tractor collection is in...the swinging doors go into the kitchen...the little rocker is one we bought for Donny back in Amish country Iowa.

5 comments:

  1. Hubby and I had planned to take our travel trailer and toot around this summer seeing the sights, but the price of gas has squelched our plans. The rising cost of groceries has changed the nature of my shopping lists as well. It's more about sticking to the necessities.

    I have really enjoyed the tour of your home. It's so lovely; and the little rocker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent the rebate check on a solar powered electronic gate opener for the road to our place. So poopy on the utility company and hooray for our solar powered gate. Gasoline is very expensive and we have changed many of our habits - it is good - I need to stay home and clean this place more often. Thanks for sharing about the potatoes - they look delicious and nothing is better than carne asada and cherry pie (I always mistype that as cheery pie 'cause it is so good!). Thanks for sharing your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Dani, Nice to meet you. Rome is in the SE corner. We are 35 miles west of the Mississippi River but just about a block from the Skunk River. I know exactly where that rocker came from. We are about 45 south of the Amana Colonies! Small world. We live about 60 miles from the original John Deere factory!!!
    Thanx for coming by and good luck!
    Check out my recipe blog:
    parkersgeneral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dani.. I've missed you and looks like I've got some catching up to do with you!!
    I am going to try these potatoes- I saw the recipe too. I LOVE potatoes fixed any kind of way, but these sound especially wonderful!
    We haven't gotten our check either... and we were really counting on it to pay some bills. But God is still providing even without that dumb old check!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dani, yep the gasoline prices are ridicious. I don't know how some people can afford to drive! Those potatoes look so yummy! And your house is lovely too. Thanks for letting me visit!
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?