Sunday, June 8, 2008

As I promised yesterday, here is a photo of our dining room area...this is in the same room as the kitchen and there is an archway leading into the living room....
We bought the table and chairs years ago in the late 70s....its golden oak but has mellowed over time....it has ball and claw feet. It also has a leaf for when we have company and makes into a much larger table. The grandfather clock was my mom's..it doesn't work right now but I hope to get it fixed one day, it has Westminster chimes....
the two smudges were on the camera lens, sorry about that.


The china cabinet, Alan made...someone gave us an old china cabinet that had been in a fire, we both liked the design and Alan copied it...sadly the old cabinet was too badly burned to be saved. The glass top lights up...its big and roomy. I have my grandmothers china in there as well as a lot of old glass, some I have inherited and some I've collected from estate and garage sales. I have so much that some is packed away, mostly pink Depression glass. The cord hanging down over the table is a ceiling fan...every room here has a ceiling fan.
Alan and his cousin Jessie, put in the Italian tile floor.



The wall has grandma's pine cone wreath, a board with antique square nails Alan collected in his hometown by the railroad tracks as a boy, and a framed John Deere tractor print..he collects John Deere tractors and he built a barrister bookcase we have in the living room for his collection. I found the print, where else? but Ebay.

3 comments:

  1. Your dining room is beautiful; and my, what talent your husband has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely room, Dani! Love the round table. It adds such a nice soft touch to the room.

    And the cabinet ... to think that Alan made that just for you. Wonderful!

    Thank you both for praying for Colton. It means sooo much to me. He is doing so great now. It is such a blessings.

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?