Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hummingbirds and Assorted thoughts


The first of our hummingbirds are back...Alan brought home a new feeder..we get loads of them in the fall and winter as many migrate here from colder climates...we have two so far..a Rufus and a Ruby Throated...there is one nesting in a neighbors tree and it scolds me when I hang out laundry....they are so fearless.....

Have you ever signed up for a giveaway and then lost the blog page? That's what happened to me last night..it was late, I was tired and was winding down looking at cottage/prim blogs when I saw a wonderful giveaway which I signed up for and now, I can't find it....sigh...I had told her I'd post about it today too....oh, well...serves me right, staying up too late...
well, I just found it! forgive my senior moment, LOL but didn't want to forget to post One Simple Country Girl's Giveaway...a checkered gameboard, a ceramic pie plate with potpourri and a fall garland...just the ticket to get into the harvest/fall season....

The cooler weather is still with us...wonderful! I hope the hot season is over...but am not counting on it quite yet....the lawn looks better...and the plants are perking up...

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a 24 Hr. urgent care, my Alan had a infected finger that was really bothering him....we had tried all the home remedies and nothing was working so knew he needed some antibiotics.....we found a wonderful clinic that takes people with no insurance for a low price..had to wait about an hour which wasn't too bad and he got his needed meds....he feels alot better today and the finger looks better too...antibiotics are God's gift to mankind......the injury had started out as very minor, but it got very infected..his entire finger nail area was swollen and very painful...he couldn't pick locks! and that wouldn't do....

Locksmithing is a dirty job..people spray all types of things into locks..needlessly and then dust gets in there and makes them very dirty..probably why he got the infection to begin with..never spray anything into your locks...its really not needed....we even found superglue put into locks so they couldn't be opened.....the lock had to be replaced..weird...

I didn't get the writer job but they did pay me for the article I wrote which was nice. Stiff competition...

3 comments:

  1. Hummingbirds are so fun to watch they way they dart about:) I hope the finger gets better soon so your hubby can resume the lockpicking, people sure are strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can look in the browser history of your computer and find where you were? Sorry about Alan's finger and those clinics are a godsend to those of us without insurance. Glad the hummers are back - I've had a few around this summer but we don't put up feeders - too much trouble with hornets and wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they didn't choose you for the writer job, then they foolishly lost a chance to employ someone with excellent skills.

    I am so glad to hear of the low-cost clinic. Wish there were more of them in this country of ours.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?