Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fig Jam and Fabric Tags

Yesterday we made 6 half pints of sugar free fig jam....it is soo good...the fresh flavor shines......its so good in fact, we decided to make more in the coming weeks....this is the recipe we used which is very easy..how to make fig jam..we used Splenda instead of sugar......we will be pickling some also and got the ingredients ..we just  need to wait a day or two for more figs to ripen..
things have changed quite a bit since we last did serious canning..they now have packages of spices for different types of tomato sauces..we picked out one package to try..for pizza sauce...
.found these at Walmart. A favorite thing to do on a Saturday night is make homemade pizza.
We spent Friday night making tomato sauce and canning whole tomatoes...made 7 qts...plus 3 qts, of canned nectarines....now we can make pizza sauce too!
I bought the new "Clash of  the  Titans" and frankly, we both like the old one better...we used to call our youngest "the Kracken" when he was little as he was such a roughneck....


.I've started stitching holiday tags....here is the 3 that have been completed..


These need to be trimmed slightly and washed but they are basically done....the pattern is from Primitive Stitches..she has several new patterns out..
I sold quite a few tags last year, including this pattern..its one of my personal favorites....they make cute card enclosures, bookmarks or even to hang from the tree or on a doorknob, wreath..or a peg shelf...

4 comments:

  1. Jam looks fabulous, and even better knowing it's made with Splenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had an ad on the radio station called "Phone Ads" on Friday and someone was looking to buy fig preserves so I guess there is even a market for it. It is very rewarding when you can things and then eat them all winter. I will be happy when our move is over and I can do more things and can and do my crafts. Love your little tags / bookmarks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous holiday tags! I love creative things such as these but seldom have the time to make any for myself,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the winter tags as I have some from last year! hey re just marvelous!

    I know they grow figs here in Alabama, but the closet I have got is fig newton cookies, (grins)!

    Keep stitching and canning!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?