Thursday, August 12, 2010

End of the Garden


Our garden is coming to an end for the year....the heat we've had the last month as done in most of it..still some tomatoes but that's about all....corn has all been picked and frozen, as have the beans...eaten all the squash and given alot away....
we have lots of canned produce though so am very thankful.....we could plant a winter garden but our energy is about spent, just cleaning out the garden beds for the winter sounds like alot of work...but we will preserver and get that done at least.
I would say this was a very successful year for the garden and we are both pleased. Now to get the garage repaired and the patio cleaned.....we noticed alot of stains on the concrete that need to be power washed...Alan would like to cover the concrete slab with pavers or bricks...but that's just in the talking stage at this point. I'm pushing for just staining or painting the concrete...time will tell what we decide to do....we spend alot of time out there in the fall, and have an outdoor fireplace that is wonderful for cool fall evenings...
I don't know about you but I'm noticing the days are getting shorter and its getting cooler here at night..down into the 60s...and this is just August....!!



I am regularly on Facebook and have really enjoyed both the games, getting connected to old friends and making new ones. I just discovered another great cooking/recipe site through FB and they are offering two, yes, two FREE ebooks..grilling and desserts...wanted to give you the link..Mr. Food
There is a FB page where you can get loads of free samples...I just am starting to get mine..they send you links every day to sign up for loads of free stuff....so far, I've gotten two free items..a coupon for a Starbucks snack plate (which my son enjoyed) and yesterday I got a free sample of a laundry product.  Its worth signing up for FB just for these free things..although I think you can sign up directly from the website at FreeFreebies.org...Bless our frugal hearts....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the facebook freebies! Our gardens have pretty much dried up around here as well, and our tomatoes have not done very well this year at all. Love the new picture at the top of your blog page,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scairt of Facebook!!! I just can't seem to understand exactly what it is. But that idea of that game Farmville is certainly interesting!!!

    I think you will have an early fall for sure this year!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?