Saturday, August 7, 2010

My New Shop and a new Dehydrator

I've been working on my second blog and changed it to a selling one....still in the baby stages but I've had added Paypal buttons...and have a few things  listed..some holiday  tags, a pretty vintage crocheted centerpiece..a holiday craft book and some childrens books....I have some nice flour sack towels I will be embroidering for the holidays....and will list them later....plus I have some vintage aprons and other goodies to add in the coming weeks.....the link is on the left side..the little red storefront.....also if you are on Facebook, I have a page set up...The China Lake Shoppe       ...I will keep my prices as low as possible and right now there is free shipping on everything as an opening special...
I will have a giveaway soon when I get 50 followers so please stop by and either like on Facebook or the blog  or both!..


We are still canning away...Alan is making more of the fig conserve as its simply wonderful.....like the ambrosia in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...this time, he's remembered to add the pecans.....I also found a tomato soup recipe on Oodlekadoodle Primitives...it will be nice this winter to have our own tomato soup ready to go on a cold afternoon......with a toasted cheese sandwich....we still have lots of tomatoes with more coming.....
Alan surprised me and ordered a new dehydrator..ours was right above the fire in the rafters and was totally destroyed.....so I will be drying figs and other goodies. Our old dehydrator was a very good one..plastic but the really sturdy kind..we looked several places around here and couldn't find anything like it..but he managed to find one online through Walmart that is similar......it was a nice surprise to see the UPS man come to the door with a large package.....funny, I love getting kitchen gadgets.....not that I have the space but I sure enjoy them...

5 comments:

  1. I just got a new dehdrator delivered today- I have never owned one- I am ecited- I will be drying right along with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over to check out your shop!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your new shop is awesome, I will head over too. I have never had a dehydrator but I did dry some orange peels ok that I had cute into star shapes. The sliced fruit molded but maybe I should think of having one.
    I am not real sure about my time with it or if I would like all the dried stuff.... I sure do not like dried bananas, but my Mom gets apricots from the store all the time and that sounds good.

    I know form Nancy H. that she loves here also.

    I will go follow your new facebook page and I need to get one set up myself also. I have tried and it just never came out right.


    Have a Blessed Sunday!
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new shoppe! I think that people are going to start buying for Xmas now -- some cool days would be nice to put them in the buying mood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while since I've been here, and you've been SOOOOOO busy, Dani! As soon as I'm done here, I'm heading over to your shop! Thank you for all the fig information and recipes. I have a question: How big are these figs? My tiny tree has abut 30 figs on it!!!! I had to support the branches because it is so heavy. But here it is August and my figs are still green and not much bigger than. . . . lets say, a Tootsie Roll Pop. The picture you show shows them brown and much, much larger. Am I doing something wrong???? The tree seems very healthy. Thanks for the recipes. Hope I get to use them!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?