Tuesday, August 24, 2010




I was browsing through my dashboards favorite blogs when I came across Faithfulness Farm's post today about individual serving dishes...Paula Deen had an article in her magazine, Best Dishes.....something old has become new again!...I've always like the little individual dishes also....but enjoy the vintage ones as not only do they have the same  features as the new ones but were made right here in the good old USA. From freezer, to oven or microwave...great for individual casseroles or desserts...can I hear apple crisp?These were made back in the 70s and you can usually find them at garage sales and at thrift shops for a fraction of the new ones.....I've had these 3 in my shop for a time but decided to keep them...they are so useful....





On Sunday, our son bought his first car! As I said, he's really growing up and has been saving his money for quite some time......Its a 1997 Oldsmobile..very clean and low mileage.....bought it from the original owners.He spent yesterday cleaning and cleaning it..even had the carpets shampooed..It has new tires and rims too.Happy Boy!

4 comments:

  1. Your son did so well - that is a classy looking, sharp car!

    The serving dishes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size are those individual serving dishes? I love them but haven't enough cabinet space. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a big step towards adulthood! Your first car is so much more special when you buy it yourself, too! He'll take alot better care of it - we made our boys buy their own. We helped on insurance. We helped our daughter a little more. Seems like guys can get better paying jobs than girls. Our sons had mowing businesses so they made alot more $$$ than our daughter could working at the mall!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?