Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe Club, Soup, and Peach Pie

I just discovered on Facebook the Just a Pinch Recipe Club.....one thing the ladies in our family have always done is share and enjoy recipes...since most of my family has passed away, I really miss the fun...my mom and aunts would pour over recipes, drink coffee and have such a good time.....I am hoping for something similar by joining....sharing good recipes and discovering new ones or improved ones is fun....
This morning, I turned this


into this

and then canned 5 qts of it...its absolutely the most delish tomato soup I've ever had.......I can't claim any credit....got the recipe from Oodlekadoodle Primitives
she's been posting for several weeks, canning recipes..this week its making your own pie filling, yummy! we buy sugar free pie filling from Walmart but its expensive, even there..so something we will probably want to do.....maybe some peach pie filling as Alan (again) brought home two flats of peaches..they have been so good this year and cheap! Peach pie.....I could use a slice right now!

1 comment:

  1. WOW- the soup picture made my mouth water, Dani! Thanks for the tip to the recipe- I'm going there right now and snag it. Tomato soup is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?