Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Free Wallpaper Sites and California fires



I like to redo my PC every month or so with new wallpaper....I expect you do too...if so, I get mine from two different sites...the first is from Cross Cards...they have some very pretty paper,
all with scriptures like the above ....some of the months calendar too...another one is the Birds and Blooms online magazine site
these fall leaves are an example....

Its been very hot here this last week, in the triple digits....it was 107 yesterday.......this kind of weather makes me feel lazy, and with no energy....can't wait until fall...but its rather normal for here....August and September are our warmest months....also our fire season as you've probably heard about......really feel badly for the firemen and pray for their safety as its so hot and sometimes windy....the fire that is most close is the one near San Jacinto, the Cottonwood fire, is about 20 miles north of us...we had a job near there yesterday and saw the smoke billowing up....(.I naturally forgot my camera.)....they fight many of these fires with airplanes and helicopters..dropping both water and fire retardent....
I found this photo on a desert newspaper site, the Desert Sun (Palm Springs) many more photos there if you are interested ...just click on the link
So we are keeping as cool as we can, drinking lots of water, sun tea and crystal light.......trying to eat mainly fruit, cold sandwiches, salads, etc. heavy meals are a no no when its this hot.....

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dani, I sure hope it cools off for you soon. Those fires are awful things! Love the fall pics and the lone sunflower up top:) Thanks for all your ideas for me on the security issue, I'm not familiar with the double barrel locks for doors with windows, will have to check into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful for the technology which can fight fires without so many people on the ground (and in harm's way) - I'm so convicted - when it is hot here (not every year but often we reach 104) we eat Mexican food any day of the year - but plenty of iced tea and fruit - so maybe that makes up for the melted cheese and tortillas. Stay safe and we are glad you are staying busier with the locksmithing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures Dani..I love Alans Sunflower..I never could grow one that big and I have tried many times...I am getting a template for my selling blog and it is really cool..I will send you a pic when I get it.
    I sure hope my sales pick up soon...we don't use the AC unless it gets unbearable and the elec bill was still $276.00 last month..I will be glad to see fall come and even winter..I can bundle up to stay warm but you can only take so much off to stay cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get Birds and Blooms -- I like the Reiman publications -- what pretty images they have.

    Hope that fire stays away from you-all.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?