Friday, September 18, 2009

Who Am I?

we will again return to my little game...this time the door prize is a set of note pads....

I was born in 1956, and moved around alot......born in California.......I have been married twice and have 4 children...I met my second wife on my first TV show that I worked on......I've been an actor, director and producer, and won two academy awards..I am a distant relative of Abraham Lincoln..
I've made many family films and then stepped into dramatic acting.....I am an investor in electrical
vehicles and an environmentalist.....

I just finished 3 more redwork towels!..this time I used Dancing Dishes as a pattern...they are one of my favorites......I am also working on a Christmas candle mat........its all embroidered, I am adding some beading to it.........I'll post a photo when its finished..........the towels are in my etsy Inspiration shop

My cough is getting better...just takes time.......I rode along yesterday evening down to El Cajon as we were called to take a lock box off a house...a long trip for a simple fix......someone had changed the code on the box...this happens when a realtor doesn't want anyone else to visit the house....actually it happens quite a bit.......the traffic wasn't bad and it was a pleasant trip.....

Our poor garden looks kinda sad right now...we've harvested almost everything...there are two tomato plants and also the pumpkins but that's about it.....the tomatoes we just planted a few weeks ago and they are really growing with this milder weather......yesterday I put the cages on them........they are Big Beefy tomatoes and we hope to have fresh tomatoes for Thanksgiving if the weather doesn't get too cold.....of course, the weeds are taking over the empty space so I am thinking of covering the area with plastic or something or perhaps getting some hay that we can till into the ground later........what do you think?

I was just listening to todays scripture verse “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)
I wish our elected officials would have that attitude.....I am especially praying for our own Congressman Darrel Issa ...he has that attitude and is a good man.......he is up against the corruption of congress so please pray for him as he's fighting the good fight......

5 comments:

  1. Hi dani, I don't have a clue who it could be, but those dishtowels are adorable!!!! Hope you have a great day and wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cute dancing cups!

    If you can get ahold of some alfalfa or even clover you can throw that in a thick blanket to keep the weeds down -- then till it in -- but I would do that only if you are going to have considerable rain in the winter, so that it can decay fully and not end up robbing the soil during deomposition in spring...I have seen some folks get newspapers and put them down thickly, weighted with stones, then pick them up in spring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Dani I'm thinking Tom Hanks - since Abe Lincoln's family had a number of Hankses it in. Those towels are adorable and very glad you are feeling better. I try not to get too riled up about politicians since I truly believe God is in control - doesn't seem Washington has a CLUE about real American does it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend uses layers of newspapers to discourage weeds -- you can plant through them and eventually they decompose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm am Praying for your Congressman sweetie! I'm praying for them All...these are Difficult days!hughugs

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?