Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Adventure of sorts

I'm back! We had a good weekend....haven't really been very busy this month as far as work goes...not a good thing, but Saturday had 3 jobs in the Los Angeles area....one was the second half of a old duplex that we had re keyed earlier in west L.A.
We did see some street preachers by the west L.A. house ...he had a bullhorn and was really preaching......when we went by later, he had given the horn to a woman who had taken over by that time....maybe his wife.....there are quite a few churches in the area...

Then the realtor wanted photos of two other houses that would be in fore, we spotted the famous Capital Records building


This is the entrance to the Hollywood Bowl..

Capital Record building......Hollywood is a study in contrasts....either very wealthy or poverty....not much in the way of middle class......the freeway traffic was terrible...really bad and this was on a Saturday........although the first house and the others were only 7 miles from each other...it took us over 40 minutes to get to them.....plus we actually had a minor fender bender..Alan hit the brakes but the van slid into a small car in front of us......thankfully, no damage was done and no one was hurt......the other person didn't want to pursue anything, we got our insurance information but she didn't want to go there so all is well......

We were very thankful to get out of LA county and back into sanity......our little town and house looked very good indeed........I am thankful we got work, and also that the accident was very minor....I am thankful that we live in a quiet little town and am not part of the rat race nor caught up in the vanity of Hollywood.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word"

4 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine life in a big city any more, and I'm glad I don't live in one.

    Glad the fender bender was just a small one and no one was hurt, but it is very startling to be in any accident -- I scraped the side mirror on a pole the other day at the bank and almost jumped out of my skin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We visited my brother in March in L.A. and what a madhouse! Can't imagine living there....although we did have a great visit and did tourist stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet it is different up there! I don't even think I would like to visit. Cool pictures, though. I'm glad the accident was minor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the LA traffic -- there are a couple of places in this world that I would like to be able to just hop over, instead of drive through. LA is one of them.

    Like your scripture. I am reminded of this one....
    "In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world!"

    How thankful I am that He has overcome the world! I'm sure I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?