Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Tiny Visitor and more!

Alan was watering the garden the other evening, and thought a big bug flew by....he accidentally drenched this little guy who wasn't too happy...ever see a baby hummingbird? He sat there for some time, preening his wings and calling for his mom...so cute....as it was getting dark, we were a little anxious, but in the morning he was gone. You can't really see his size in the photo but he was about as big as a bumble bee, I zoomed in for the photo. The white dots on his beak are water droplets....

Remember a past post when we went up in the high desert, Adlento and I told you about the house that had been used for storage? Well we found a ammo box full of old pipe threaders...the ammo box I used as a planter outside with a geranium cutting and sat looking at the pipe fittings...here's what I came up with...I think they look cool.




They make perfect candle sticks holders!

6 comments:

  1. I would have never thought it, but those pipe fittings DO look cool! Super primitive but classy, too! What an imagination you have to come up with that!

    The baby hummingbird is just amazing. Poor little thing, I think a single drop would soak it, he (or she) is unbelievably tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool Dani..I will have to keep my eyes open for something like that and put it on the fireplace mantel with one of my grubby candles. Your garden is AWESOME!!!
    You have a very good imagination..wish you could be here when I decorate all the old bottles I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put a white candle in one but it doesn't have the same effect..need to find more grubby ones...I thought it would look cool on our table with a variety of sizes.
    nothing like freebees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hummingbird picture... I try to get pictures of them whenever I can can... they're just so doggone fast!
    The "candle holders" look neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby hummingbird. Such a find for those candle holders. Enjoy the summer.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pipe fittings? are actually part of a set of pipe threaders, but great candle holders none the less.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?