Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This is the birdbath Alan bought me for a past birthday...I really like it with the vines and grape leaves...its made out of concrete and very heavy....the birds like it too....

I spent the morning at the courthouse north of here in Corona, Ca.....the lady in charge said she had been off work and the replacement had over called jurors...there were over 300 people there in a small lobby.....it took awhile to sort things out as there were 3 trials....the one I was called into was for 6 days and I was allowed to leave when I told them we were self employed and it would be a financial hardship. 6 days is a long trial...

I've served in the federal courthouse in San Diego....and had a 2 day trial. Federal court gets some very interesting cases and trials....the one I served was for illegal alien smuggling.....they paid well too and took the jury out to a swanky restaurant for lunch.(the court picked up the tab)..the restaurant was on the top of one of the motels and you could see all of San Diego Harbor. I remember I ordered a Cobb salad which was yummy. The bailiff walked us over there and back again....I felt a little like royalty.

Serving is always interesting and its our duty......I don't mind going but Corona is a longer drive than most...its almost an hour up there if the traffic is good..I am glad I went though, I met several Christians and we had some good fellowship while we were waiting.

Alan had two jobs today and is in Mission Viejo right now...its been busy lately and hope this is a good month for us....May was rather dismal.....and we are still awaiting payments.....but worked all weekend and have jobs scheduled for later in the week too.

I am going to make some grilled steak hash tonight for dinner...we had sirloin left over from a Sunday barbecue so will use it...everybody loves hash...got some potatoes boiling right now...I just dice the potatoes and meat, also a little sweet onion...mix all together in a large bowl..get our iron skillet hot and slide the mixture in....stir it around a little to brown and then I even it out and let it cook...it gets all crusty and wonderful on one side when its done., I flip it out onto a serving dish....so good..sometimes it can get dry while cooking and I like to add a little beef broth, bouillon or just plain water, depending on what I have...probably grill more summer squash to have with it.....

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.... the dinner sounds yummy, Dani.
    The birdbath is beautiful- did you paint it that way or was it already like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was already like that....at our local garden center...we also got a nice table with benches there and two large tortoises for the yard....they have a wonderful selection..

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?