Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Musings

Here is the garden again...we staked up the tomatoes, and they are loaded with green ones..wish the sun would come out...its been gray and cool all week....we also planted zinnas around the border...hoping to discourage the ground squirrel that has been lurking around.....he sneaks through the side fence so I've been blocking the openings with rocks.......the grass is dying around the edges too, but that's ok as we are thinking of putting a border of used brick around the garden area....
we were worried that the eggplant wasn't producing but spied some baby ones coming.....we harvested most of the beets yesterday giving some needed space for the watermelon.

We've been so so busy with locksmith calls all week....we had planned to stay home yesterday and get some needed paper work done, but got 3 calls to Perris, Pomona and Costa Mesa....we both really liked the house in Perris.....it was out in the country..on about an acre ...nice quiet countryside...you could hear a rooster crowing...the house was ranch style...huge rooms and nice country kitchen...there was a rock fireplace in the family room and all 3 bedrooms were huge, so were the bathrooms....there was a nice patio area, and a pepper tree in the yard....some of the neighbors had horses...I wish I had got some photos. The house was older probably built in the 80s but in fairly good clean condition.


I will have to share this great night light we found at a foreclosed house...it was wrapped up in a upper cabinet....I think its so pretty and never seen one before....

I like to put a night light on top the TV....shades of the 50s I guess...my mom always said you should have a light on while watching, that it was bad for the eyes....I don't think that is true but its still looks nice. Its actually prettier than the photo. and yes, we do find things that have been abandoned occasionally....

3 comments:

  1. Girl! I love that night lite of the butterfly! Wow it is so pretty! I love you garden too! I wish I lived near by so I could come over and borrow some squash or maybe a fresh tomatoe! Keep up the great work, your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks wonderful, Dani- and I love the butterfly! It's very pretty.
    Sounds like Alan is staying very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the abandoned find for your TV and your garden is amazing. My tomatoes should be growing as we have had three days of rain here but almost too much.

    I saw one of these lights on a porch not long ago in one of my favorite towns close to us. It was dusk and raining and the light on the porch was so inviting to just come sit for a spell, LOL! I almost invited myself! One of those nice wrap around porches with rocking chairs and a table to eat dinner or supper they say here.

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?