Friday, June 5, 2009

Road Trip...Santa Ana, and Fontana

We've been going on road trips this week..yesterday we went to Colton, Ca and also Santa Ana....the Colton house wasn't much to talk about but on the way out, we noticed this beautiful Jacaranda tree.....it is one of the prettiest I've seen...
The Santa Ana property was a very nice small condo, just one bedroom...and 2 locks but on the way out, more jacarandas in a park...




I was impressed with how green everything was in the Santa Ana area...even the sides of the freeway were landscaped...and this is in drought conditions...we wondered how much water was being used?

this freeway exit are looks like a park...yes, its on the side of a freeway exit...I doublechecked!
We were also impressed with all the big office buildings...felt a little like hicks looking up at all the tall sky scrapers.......and wanted to go home to our little town.......


We have jacaranda trees here too....these are some that are on one of our main streets.....they are just about finished blooming but still pretty.....
We almost put a jacaranda in our back garden but decided against it as they are a little messy...the African sumac doesn't shed and does have tiny yellow flowers which the bees love. Its getting large enough now to have some needed summer shade ... also drought tolerate so if we get water restrictions, it will hold up nicely.....I think we made a good choice....

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful trees , I am so glad you even named them for us! I Love going along on your road trips with you!

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are just beautiful! I know what you mean about the park like roadsides. . . . especially when our water restrictions have made everyone's yards looking like the desert. I'm so thankful that we are getting rain again! I'm with Cyndi. . .would love to go on your road trips with you!
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trees are beautiful! I don't believe I had heard the name before. I don't like the big buildings, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that tree before... it certainly is pretty! It looks like they grow rather large- I think you made a wise choice, too.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?