Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday Pet of the Week

Every Wednesday, I post a pet of the week....one of the many dogs that can be found at at the Sun City K9 Dog Rescue......just to let everyone know Giovanna, the miniature Italian greyhound, found a wonderful home as did Nina, the puppy I posted last week...the rescue has been most successful finding loving homes for over 500 dogs in the last year....
they are the only nonkill rescue in the Menifee Valley...

This is Oliver...a mixed breed puppy that was turned in..he is healthy and waiting for his forever home...



the rescue has many young adult and senior dogs also....I think sometimes its better to adopt an older dog as they are past the puppy stage and usually are already housebroken and sometimes trained.....you can also observe their personalities and found the perfect dog for your family.....rescue dogs seem to really appreciate their new homes because no matter how nice the rescue is...its not home....

We worked hard the last weekend and yesterday building an extension on our patio cover.....Alan and Matt build the framework, and all 3 of us, have stained it to match the rest of the patio....its all done but the slates for the roof now....
there is more shade even now and we are excited as it really starting to look like a patio...we all think we will use it a lot more this summer and it will keep the house cooler too...our house faces south so it gets a lot of afternoon sun.....

I started my first apron and just have to put the waistband and ties on....turned out good, I think.....I will post a photo when its done....

Here is a vintage photo I found interesting.

3 comments:

  1. That puppy is adorable and I bet he could be a frisky one..the old men in the picture look kind of grumpy HUH?
    I am working like crazy in my yard and now they are calling for rain for the next 5 days off and on..Just enough to keep it wet outside.
    I wish I lived closer...I think I would have another puppy around to give me big sloppy puppy kisses :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd have to fight over him, Nancy! Buster needs a playmate! And this one looks like he could take Buster's shinannigans! Isn't he just the cutest thing? He won't be around long, though, and I hope he gets a good forever family!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oliver!

    Can't wait to see your apron.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?