Sunday, April 13, 2008



Good Morning!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! It is lovely here today, the sun is shining, the air is light and clear, our garden is flourishing , I just love this time of year and amazed at the simple beauty of flower and tree, birds chirping and bees humming. Its very relaxing to enjoy the sights and sounds of spring. I don't need an expensive vacation...just give me a good cup of coffee and rock in my garden swing...like Martha Stewart always says...Its a good thing....

With all the turmoil and uncertainty in the world today...it is good to get back to simple things..

I often hum a favorite hymn I learned as a child in the Methodist church

For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth over and around us lies:
Christ our God, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

For the wonder of each hour of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower, sun and moon, and stars of light:
Christ our God, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above, for all gentle thoughts and mild:
Christ our God, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

For the church that evermore lifteth holy hands above,
Offering up on every shore her pure sacrifice of love:
Christ our God, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like we were raised with the same hymnal, Dani! I can remember learning that song in the 3rd grade and having to sing it in a program we put on! I miss the old songs. Don't hear them much anymore! I just have to belt them out in the shower!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful hymn, Dani- I wished I knew how the tune went!
    I'm like you- sitting on my fronch porch with a good cup of coffee is better than a "vacation" any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani,

    I was just surfing and came to see what you are up too.

    smiles, I love pink lemonade also! but, we get the frozen cans,

    smiles, cyndi/ByLightOfMoon

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?