Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Morning Coffee



Hello.....we've been so busy trying to finish the patio cover....I haven't been spending much time online....between that, answering the phone, gardening, and taking care of housework...online and crafting have taken a back seat..
I did manage to sew my first apron...its all together except for hand sewing the back waistband down....I think I did a fairly good job for my first one...wasn't too difficult...hopefully I will get a photo posted soon...
I am also trying to organize some "hot spots" in the house...I keep extra boxes, bubble wrap, tissue, etc. in the office closet...it became a real mess so yesterday I spent a few minutes sorting it out..
then in the living room..one corner was full of dumped magazines..so I straightened that out also..threw away quite a few plus organized the rest...
I don't know about you but we get tons of junk mail....it ends up piled on the dining room table....I went through it, put all the "good mail" into a box and the rest went in the trash...
the real hot spot is in the office, I piled up all my craft stuff in a corner..been putting off going through it...
Alan has a job this morning and he had one yesterday....plus he was able to make a good sized deposit into the bank yesterday so all is good....we signed up to get into the yellow pages in two neighboring cities.....so when the phone book comes out in June, we should get more business...we won't be able to get into the other yellow page phone books until next year....its rather expensive just to put a single small ad in so we take it one step at a time....the good thing is we can take it off our taxes next year...
Matt wrote an essay for school yesterday and said he wants to get his locksmith license after he graduates....Alan will probably really need the help by then if business keeps growing...Matt graduates next June. He has been working on and off with his dad and has a natural aptitude for it...he has that kind of mechanical mind...but he may change his mind too...he also is talking about entering the fire service but he could do both.

Has anyone tried the homemade laundry soap recipe? I've been making it for the last month and everyone has noticed how nice their clothes are.....Alan even bought me more Borox yesterday.....I am going to try liquid soap in the recipe sometime and see if it would work.....like to stop the clumping although it doesn't hurt anything..

sorry, not many photos today....I will have some soon....

3 comments:

  1. Dani, I'm sooooo happy to hear things are going better for you and your family! God is good, isn't He?!

    I did think about liquid soap in the recipe, as I had the clumps, too. Don't tell anyone, but I squirted about a 1/3 of a container of cheap shampoo into my big jug when it was done! I've always used shampoo as grease and stain remover, so thought it would be a good additive. I can never do things just as the recipe calls for. Always adding stuff.

    I also thought about just doing it as a dry mix, using the ivory soap flakes.

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dani, had to tell you how I adore your side yard with the georgous trellis and gate are. Hope your having a good and God filled day.

    Hugs, RoseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, i can hardly wait to see your new apron. Wooo hooo! I'm so excited for you!

    And I'm so happy that Matt wants to join the family business. Such a blessing. God is soo good!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?