Sunday, April 6, 2008



Another overcast and gray day.....the mama mourning dove is sitting on another clutch of eggs...her first babies have left the nest already....its cute as they hang around for a few days under our rosebushes and sit on the wall, cooing at their mama....I like their low coo...it sounds peaceful and comforting..we've had a few hummingbirds visit also on their migration up north...
I'd like to plant a butterfly bush somewhere in the yard for the hummers and butterflies.

Yesterday I used a recipe and made our own laundry soap....I was a little skeptical but honestly it does a good job....sure saves a lot of money and our clothes come out clean and fresh smelling....if you are interested in the recipe....you can find it on Lea's blog at Farmhouse Blessings...look under the Frugal Friday post,its very easy to make ....we do a lot of laundry with two active teens...I made a batch and put it in an old laundry soap dispenser I had saved for the purpose.
Now if I can find a way to make soap for the dishwasher, we'll be set!

3 comments:

  1. We also have mourning doves nesting behind our goat pens - I love their call. Once weather gets warmer - they come to our water troughs in the two pastures at morning and evening. Thank you for stopping by my blog - looks like we both love the Lord and His Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you really liked the homemade soap? I have been contemplating making some for a while but have not found the courage. Thanks for allowing me to "visit" your blog. I am hoping to take a closer look when I have a bit more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked the laundry soap, Dani! I too was a bit skeptical ... especially with boy clothes. But I am just loving it.

    Now about that dishwasher detergent .... we'll just have to look into that!

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?