Thursday, April 3, 2008



Good morning, everyone! Hope you have a great Thursday....we've had a lot of jobs in the last two days, thank the Lord....another call this morning also....

Got my eyes checked yesterday and ordered new glasses...I will so thankful to get these and can hardly wait to be able to see a little better..the doctor was very nice and said I look a lot younger than 57....that always makes you feel good! Really need the glasses. I tried to do some cross stitching the other day and it came out a mess.....I did get some nice cotton fabric at Walmart and cut out one apron...its a tiny green flower print with pink centers and for contrast, I got some pink gingham.....should be nice and spring like...I also bought enough yardage of a green buffalo check for a full apron for myself...our kitchen and home is mostly in greens...I have green buffalo check place mats. The tea cozies will have to wait until next month as we are on a budget as far as extras goes and fabric is extra right now...

Our Penny has posted a wonderful giveaway in our Glad Tidings Blog..please sign up for sweet little Belle...an extreme primitive doll...she's a real patriotic gal.. and if you love prim dolls, you'll find her darling....



our Miss Penny is a wonderful primitive artist...please check out her blog and auctions..her granddaughter is a young prim artist too.

I will try to post the Glad Tidings Link but if Blogger doesn't cooperate, the link is on the left side...

Its overcast and gray here today..rained last night..we have to go over to the school this afternoon and Matt needs to turn his homework in....we've searched all over the house, he lost one packet so he's nervous about going in....he's probably have to double up this next week to complete everything....he's doing history right now and really loves it...
My allergies are better....perhaps the rain has helped....I thought it was a cold but now I am sure its allergies..so much dust here, (you are right, Kay)....we live right behind a heavily traffic road so there is a lot of road dust....plus everything is blooming and growing..lots of pollen....
I got the tall ladder in the house and am starting to clean all the ceiling fans...lots of dust accumulates up there and you don't notice it...but it probably rains dust down when they are on....Matt and I did the kitchen one yesterday..plus cleaned the top of the refrigerator and the pot rack..phew! lots of dust..I cleaned them in December so its only been 4 months but I guess that is too long to wait to clean again...

2 comments:

  1. Dani- I hope you post some pics of your apron, I'd love to see it. It seems everybody has "apron fever" right now! LOL
    Phooey that you're putting off making the tea cozy, but I understand- fabric is not in my budget either right now. I do hope one of us gets to make one soon...I'm dying to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did buy some extra fabric for the aprons...I don't know if there will be enough for a tea cozy though...I know..I am looking forward to making one..I've made dolls so it shouldn't be too hard...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?