Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vintage Pumpkin Postcard and mice!

I got up really early this morning...woke up with a start..but its kinda fun watching the sun come up...its been rainy and cool for the last three days....unusual but not unwelcomed....had my bible study and prayer time and having my coffee, checking on blogs, email and such.....
I am glad you like the faux apple pie...Oodlekoodle primitives has the most wonderful patterns and they are easy to make for the most part...the pie is a little intensive though as you make about 25 apple slices that go inside...but its well worth the effort..and smells so good..
I've also made primitive mice from Stag Line Primitives...if you haven't seen these patterns, they are wonderful


cute, huh? they are alot of fun to stage in decorating..I made an entire "Visiting Santa" scene with a larger one as Santa, and little ones in a line waiting to sit on his lap...sorry, no photo...but  if you click on the above link...Wendy Brown has many photos for inspiration....and please take a look at her Ebay shop..especially the vintage kitchen items....very cool.....the mice are made from warm and natural batting....and the pattern comes into two sizes..the smaller ones look very real...she also has patterns with costumes....

I almost forgot..I am always entering contests..never usually win but one always hopes..anyway,  I am a fan of Don Francisco Coffee on Facebook and was recently informed I was one of 10 people to win a gift basket of coffee and other goodies..I'm not sure if this is just a Californian company or nation wide but their coffee is great....I can't find it at every grocery store but our local Stater Brothers carries it...

We got our absentee voters ballots yesterday and will be filling them out soon.....please vote this election..its so important....we just have to get better people into office....my scripture reading this morning was in Isaiah 5:20-21

"Woe to those who call evil good
       and good evil,
       who put darkness for light
       and light for darkness,
       who put bitter for sweet
       and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
       and clever in their own sight."
pretty much describes our government right now, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that postcard!!! I have one of Sue's patterns but it's the gingerbread man one, I'm gonna try it out here very soon:D They HAVE to turn out better than my prim doll which i will be showing soon, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several Halloween postcards and wish I had more. We have had a couple of inches of rain and the plants love it. Thanks for the suggested sites for patterns.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the postcard! And the mice are soooo cute, must check those patterns out! Glad you enjoyed the early morning, it can be beautiful and peaceful!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?