Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vintage Cat and Pumpkin, Apple Pie


Guess I'm always drawn to postcards with cats on them..have quite a few and only wish I could collect more....this one is especially nice......

Yesterday, I made an impossible apple pie.....impossible pies are so easy and so good...my paternal grandmother used two main ingredients and raised 5 children during the Depression..she used Bisquick and Velveeta cheese...I'm not a big velveeta fan but do like Bisquick...hence I've got alot of impossible pie recipes..and they are sure good when you don't have the time or inclination to roll out pie dough.....

IMPOSSIBLE APPLE PIE
3 cups sliced peeled all-purpose apples (3 large)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk 
1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread,* softened
2 eggs

Streusel (see recipe below)
Heat oven to 325°. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Stir together apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; turn into pie plate. Stir remaining ingredients except Streusel until blended. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.  Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Streusel
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons firm margarine, butter or spread
Stir together all ingredients until crumbly


half the pie is gone already and the rest will be gone today...and isn't that what its all about?  


I've also made faux apple pies......got the pattern from Oodlekadoodle Primitives



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my that fake pie looks as good as the real thing!!! I used to make one of those impossible pies, it had chicken, broccoli and cheese in it, may have to dig out that recipe now;) On my cabbage & noodles, I'm not sure if it's German or not, I know I've had the recipe for a long time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the impossible pumpkin pie but one of my favorites is the impossible cheeseburger pie. Those are really good, especially with sliced tomatoes on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I love the postcard... The pie looks wonderful and so easy to fix. I can't wait to try it!! Thank you so much for the recipe! Oh..and the Faux pie looks soooo real! Yum! ~smile~

    Blessings....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?