Friday, October 15, 2010

Good cookies and another postcard


I can't believe this month is half over already...time sure flies, doesn't it? Before we know it, the little trick or treaters will be ringing the doorbell...and then on to Thanksgiving which is one of my favorite holidays...

Its cool and drizzly here today..I have laundry to hang but that will have to wait to see if this weather clears up. The dryer is hit or miss..mostly miss...the heating element is going out..

I found a wonderful easy recipe on the Just a Pinch recipe club website I wanted to share....I made these cookies and they all but disappeared within hours and the guys are asking for more...I didn't even get a photo before they were eaten....this is the photo from the online recipe...personally, I wouldn't call them gooey..they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside..very good indeed...

 
Gooey Butter Cookies

1 box  Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
1 stick  butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg    cream cheese @ room temp (8 oz. pkg)
1    egg

Combine all ingredients with electric mixer until well blended. Chill dough for 2 hours. Roll into balls (about walnut size). Roll balls in powdered sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar when completely cooled.
these are so easy to make...they will think you worked hours on them...I didn't have the exact cake mix so used a yellow cake mix inside and they didn't know the difference...this recipe makes about 3 dozen, depends on how large you make them...

4 comments:

  1. Those cookies look yummy! You could add red or green food coloring to make them festive. Will definitely have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh these sound great I may bake them up today and then write about it on my blog:) I have no camera to take pics but I will post the recipe if thats ok with you:) heehee I cant wait to see my towels you do such fine stitching! Oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound great and "oh so easy", sounds like a great weekend project.

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been posting the most fabulous Halloween images and recipes! I will have to try these cookies. I had never heard of cookies from a cake recipe mix. Easy Peasy, that's for me!

    This month is also moving way to fast for me.
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?