Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carrot Cake



Today was the first sunny day we've had in over a week..so nice outside, too nice to blog, actually..but wanted to share this recipe I found in the Just a Pinch club website....carrot cake is one of my personal favorites....and I know you will love this recipe...


Best Carrot Cake Ever..a 1940 recipe

Ingredients:
2 c sugar
1 1/4 c oil
4 large eggs
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 c grated carrots
1 c chopped walnuts
FROSTING
12 oz powdered sugar
2 3 oz. cream cheese room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp milk

1.In large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and beat well.
2
Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt into egg mixture; mix well; fold in carrots and nuts.
3
Place batter in greased 9x13 pan; bake 1 hour and 10 miniutes in a 350 oven. (Check once because of oven variances)
4
FROSTING: Beat together powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, butter and milk; spread on cooled carrot cake.
I used the website photos,,sorry, my camera needs new batteries so isn't available today.....we still have some carrots in the garden so I used them....cake doesn't last long here with 3  young men...(do you think I'm spoiling them?) Our boarder mentioned that he never grew up with all the home cooking we do...and is enjoying all the baked goods.....his family went out alot, I guess....I am a baker by nature.

4 comments:

  1. Recipe sounds wonderful and I love the Halloween postcard as well!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, Dani!
    Receita maravilhosa. Hmmm...sou fã de bolo de cenoura com cobertura de cream cheese. Delícia!!!!!!!!!
    Abraços e continuação de boa semana

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YUMMY! I love me a good carrot cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM- I love carrot cake! Save me a piece, Dani!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?