Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday


Just a short post today..Happy Columbus Day...I am hurrying around getting some laundry done and such as I'm going on a short road trip with Alan down to San Diego county to Oceanside to re key a property....and then back towards home to another house in Murrieta....I'll take the camera!
Its not PC to celebrate Columbus Day anymore, is it? kinda silly but such as our country right now....you really can't judge the past by the standards of the present...
Did you notice a theme going with the vintage postcards? most of them have a cat somewhere on them...

I made two pies yesterday and we also are continuing drying the rest of the apples..have about half a bushel left to do..we have to bag the dried apples right away or they are gone in the morning.....the guys don't seem to eat the fresh ones but sure go after the dried ones.....just a tip if you have kids that don't eat fresh fruit well....my oldest sons girlfriend loves to use the little peeler, corer we have on the counter and fix a couple for herself...she says the apple skins bother her...

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day and can`t wait to see any pics you might take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these cute postcards! I just love the ones with cats in them! Wouldn't be Halloween without blacks cats! I have two of my own - Kezl and Hex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great postcard. Be careful on your trip!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?