Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vintage Pumpkin Man, and Redwork Ornaments

Still rainy and cool here..yesterday afternoon it just poured for several minutes on and off all weekend..difficult to dry clothes outside so I rain out and rescued most of them before it started.......the yard is soggy but Mrs. Quack is very happy..she's been finding snails and slugs to munch down..she  just loves them and gets all excited when she discovers one...one got into her food dish and you should have heard the excited noises she made...it was gone in seconds....you'll never have snail or slug problems with a duck around....with all the heat, she was moulting quite a bit but as its gotten cooler, her feathers are very nice  now...she loves the rain but not the thunder...she will run to her shelter if it gets too stormy....we have a very large dog carrier with clean soft towels in it and have covered the outside with plastic so it stays dry and somewhat warm...

I've been working on some redwork Christmas tree ornaments..I've been making them primitive but couldn't find any rusty wire so used some brass which I'm not real happy about....Michaels didn't have anything but floral wire..which was green...I basted but think I need to use the machine to finish these....this is what they look like so far....rusty wire would be better....does anyone know how to rust wire? like to get the shine off the brass...they have a white background..too this photo at night under a lamp...not the greatest photo...I need to get a little Christmas tree to hang them on...


Late last night I worked on my selling blog.....changed the background, etc...what do you think? Sweet Home Stitchery

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?