Saturday, October 9, 2010


This little girl must have taken the same lessons that Harry Potter had.....looks like she's having a great time.....

We got the antenna up and can get a few more stations..the reception is great..amazing how many foreign language stations there are..especially Spanish ones...but we do get enough regular stations to make it worthwhile...two local ones, several others... and free!

When I was in the courtroom yesterday while the Judge was interviewing prospective jurors..one fellow said he was a political organizer..and asked everyone if they were voting..(.of course, that's where the county got our names..from the voter roster)...but one man spoke up and said..."you are in for a rude awakening when we do vote.."  The organizer was silent....what could he say? The inland empire is a conservative one...
I was waiting outside when another lady and I got into a conversation....she and her husband were in their early 70s....and lived in Hemet....she said last week, they received something called the American Community Survey..and that it was the most invasive thing she'd ever read...26 pages to fill out with everything from the date they bought their home, how much did they pay..how many square feet is it..how many toilets..to how much is in their bank accounts...how much money they make a month, etc....they are not filling it out....I agreed with her..what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd be filling that survey out either.I'm normally not a paranoid person but the political climate has me leaning that way. I am enjoying your blog!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is requestion (requiring?) that this survey be filled out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe I would have completed that survey either. Sounds quite intrusive!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?