Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good News and a sale


(this is one of my favorites)

This morning, I was helping my son push his truck to get it started and was leaning too hard on the bumper when the truck suddenly took off...I fell in the street and skinned my knee....feeling a little out of sorts now...this old lady shouldn't be doing such things anymore, I guess....no real damage done other than the knee skinned up and torn pant leg..but it did shake me up a little....
the good news is, while this was going on..he got a call....he was so excited..got a job at Del Taco....he has to go today to get his food handlers card, buy his uniform and he starts tomorrow at the new Del Taco that is right by our  house! he's been out of work for months since the dog rescue had to let him go..doing odd jobs to keep himself in gas and insurance money...God is so good..yes, Del Taco isn't a glamor job..not high paying but when you haven't had work..its a blessing all the same. Jobs here are very hard to get...after 3 months, he'll get medical benefits too.Del Taco is a Californian company...did you know it started in Barstow, Ca?


On the crafting front, I discovered that Annies Attic is having a blow out sale right now...only for a short time so if you like to knit, crochet, and do other crafts with the holidays coming, there may be something that would interest you....just search year round clearance sale..there are tons of crochet patterns...a few cross stitch and knit.....the below is my personal favorite....

I so admire people who can crochet like this....I can crochet but never tried the smaller threads.....so delicate and pretty...

1 comment:

  1. Dani~ I hope the knee heals up quickly and congrats to your son on the job!!!! Any job nowadays is great as there just aren't many available!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?