Monday, October 18, 2010

Rainy Days and Banana Apple Bread


This is a vintage greeting card....I only have a few as I normally only collect postcards but she is so cute...couldn't resist.....I love her skirt with the pumpkin print.....

Alan had jobs today and I overslept! so missed out on going but after the ordeal we had this last weekend, guess I needed the sleep.....what a nice guy, letting me sleep in....
its been very cool, rainy over the weekend and again today...really feels like fall now and there are leaves all over our front yard...so nice after the long hot summer. and yet, "they" say, California is in for a dry winter....the Farmers Almanac disagrees so guess we will see who is right as the months go on....I'm betting on the Almanac myself.
Going to make more of the Gooey Cookies today....they are so easy to make, it's a snap...and also some Banana Apple Bread..sugar free for DH...here is the recipe...

Banana Apple Bread

1/2 c. shortening
1 cup sugar (or splenda)
2 eggs
1 cup chopped apple
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

Cream shortening, and add sugar, beating well.....add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add peeled chopped apple and mashed banana. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and then add to the wet one, stirring to mix well. Spoon into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack..make one loaf

I am finding so many good recipes from the Just a Pinch Recipe club....if you are interested in  checking it out..here is the link 

Thank you so much for the kind comments and encouragement..it means so much ...

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your recipes so much and the post cards are adorable. Thank you for the recipe link.

    We had lots of rain last night, but not the flooding from two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?