Thursday, April 9, 2009

We did a little Easter decorating...we used to color eggs but the boys have kinda lost interest so that has gone by the way......I remember all the dozens of eggs my folks would boil and we'd color, my brother and I.....
This photo was taken in early November of 1956 right after my brother was born....it seemed like alot of eggs as we had hard boiled eggs for about a week afterwards.....deviled eggs, egg salad, creamed eggs and salmon over rice (Dad's favorite), and even hard boiled eggs tucked into a meatloaf (I always liked that)..and I got them in my school lunches too....



I like to decorate the little corner cupboard that Alan made about 25 years ago....the baskets are the boys that their grandma gave them when they were little.....I still fill them with candy...one is never too old for a Easter basket.


The colors are not quite true on these pics...the vintage geese are light yellow...my friend Nancy, made the raggedy runner and its a bit brighter too....
I haven't decorated the table yet, right now its covered with invoices and work orders....!

It seems appropriate to share a new site I discovered which is a blessing, its called the Promises of God: when its more than we can bear......
please check it out and also go further into the site for lovely poetry, stories and such...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." I Peter I-5

4 comments:

  1. Those rabbit baskets are delightful!

    I remember that people would actually eat the boiled, colored eggs, too! I had forgotten that...nowadays they say "Throw them away!" or "Refrigerate!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those decorations are so pretty, Dani!
    And I love the picture- very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations Dani (esoecially the runner :) The first date I had with Billy was going to Church on Easter (the second one was going with him to the Laundromat to do his Laundry)
    I too have boiled a lot of eggs for 9 kids and 12 GK...Just Nellie now and don't do much candy...she likes my home made fudge tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani,
    vim te abraçar bem forte e te desejar umas Felizes Páscoas, com muitas alegrias. Beijos

    Sol

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?