Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Chat


I am under the weather today....heavy allergies, hayfever type........the good news is I had 3 sales in my stores today which I just mailed out......its very windy outside which doesn't help the pollen count. I can't really take many allergy medicines as they knock me right out

I will say I am glad the government is looking into the banks overcharging their customers and raising interest rates...I have one credit card and Citibank raised my rate in January to over 28% interest...never been late and have paid off the card twice before.....they said it was because of the "economic climate"...I feel like these are loan shark rates..so I closed the account and am paying a smaller amount each month until its paid off through a program they have....but can you imagine? 28% interest!!!! These from the people who got a big bail out...and still need more money...its like a black hole...pure greed....

some other good news is our Blue Lake green beans are coming up.....no sign of anything else yet.

2 comments:

  1. Do you do organic gardening/farming? Do you use fish emulsion at all? It's great stuff and I'm using it in my post tomorrow.

    As for allergies, I found something new (mine are pretty severe) called Aller-Response by Source Naturals that I bought at a Health Food store. They are helping me more than Zyrtec and not making me sleepy either!!

    By the way, my wonderful late husband loved and collected Eagles (one has your Bible passage on it as well) so I was really drawn to you Blog.

    blessings on you,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your credit card woes, Dani... we too had a similar situation happen to us- we have a Tractor Supply credit card we used to buy lots of farm supplies with- a few months ago we bought a couple of gates, probably about $300 dollars worth, and the next month I found out our interest rate had gone from 12% to like 21% for no reason! We quickly paid those off and cut up the card. I think it's terrible they can do that to you and not even tell you!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?